Cleanse Cooking Class
Group Cleanse Recipes
Baby Artichokes with Crab and Ghee
- 10 baby artichokes
- 1/2 pound fresh lump dungeness crab meat (or shrimp, scallops, halibut)
- 4 Tbls ghee
- 3/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- With a pairing knife on a cutting board, trim tops and bottoms off artichokes. Pull leaves off of until you reach the inner yellow leaves. Steam with 3/4 cup water for about 10 minutes or until artichokes are tender.
- Drain off any water that remains. Add butter, pinch of salt and cook on medium heat until starting to brown. Add crab meat and let it heat through; about 3 minutes. Taste for salt. Serve.
Coconut Lime Ginger Chicken
Cook Time - 2 hr
- 4 lb. chicken
- 3 Tbls fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbls fresh ginger
- 1 cup diced onion ( 1 med. onion)
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 can coconut milk
- Peel skin off ginger with a peeler and rough chop. Add to a blender along with lime juice, 1 cup diced onion, can of coconut milk and pinch salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in dutch oven. Pour coconut mixture on top of chicken. Slice one lime and place slices on top of chicken and stuff the cilantro around the sides of the chicken into the sauce. Bake covered for 80 minutes at 350 degrees and then uncovered for 25-30 minutes more.
- Serve chicken with the coconut sauce. So good!!
- I use Natural Value brand coconut milk which is free of emulsifiers and binders.